Register  |   | 
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm going to be posting videos on my youtube page to describe how different fruit trees perform in my yard in 2016.  Most of the videos will be on fig trees.  This is the first one in the series in case any of you are interested.



__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
bigbadbill

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 458
Reply with quote  #2 
Great video, Joe (aka Randall from Clerks). I always enjoy your videos and look forward to seeing more of your upcoming videos in the future! Also looking forward to seeing how Joe's jersey fig tree looks this year.
__________________
SE Pa, zone 6b

https://www.facebook.com/offthebeatenpathnurseries
Vinny2210

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 643
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenJoe
I'm going to be posting videos on my youtube page to describe how different fruit trees perform in my yard in 2016.  Most of the videos will be on fig trees.  This is the first one in the series in case any of you are interested.




Very nice joe, love all your videos .

__________________
Vinny

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom

Wish List : None
My Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/myb/Summary?
Contact me on My Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/630420053750386/

FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbill
Great video, Joe (aka Randall from Clerks). I always enjoy your videos and look forward to seeing more of your upcoming videos in the future! Also looking forward to seeing how Joe's jersey fig tree looks this year.


Thanks Bill. The Joe's Jersey tree is doing good. I have several duplicates of that tree and some of them are starting to get big too. That video is coming later this year.

__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkk2210
Very nice joe, love all your videos .


Thanks Vinny.


__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
elin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,312
Reply with quote  #6 
Nice Mullberry tree Joe.
Looking forward to your videos.



__________________
Eli ,Israel ,Zone 10? Too humid and hot, yada yada yada
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1298814119
Growing
: Sbayi, Hmadi, Black Portugal, Black Brazil,Excell, Flanders, Hmari , RDB, Niagra Black,Natalina, CDDN,Maya, Preto Torres, Preto Arge
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elin
Nice Mullberry tree Joe.
Looking forward to your videos.




Thanks Eli.

__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
pitangadiego

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 5,516
Reply with quote  #8 
The staining looks familiar. When grown near Sacramento they are jet black on the outside.
__________________
Encanto Farms Nursery
http://encantofarms.com
http://figs4fun.com
http://webebananas.com
"pitangadiego" everywhere
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitangadiego
The staining looks familiar. When grown near Sacramento they are jet black on the outside.


Hey Jon! How are your trees doing? Im trying to get that mulberry tree and all my trees to grow taller so they give more shade. So far its been a good spring in AZ.

__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
Sas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,738
Reply with quote  #10 
Joe I like your video.

As a kid I used to enjoy a cold drink made from mulberry syrup to which you just add water and ice. It tasted great.

I recently saw a recipe that you might wish to try. I never tried it.

You put two kilos of mulberry in a pot. Do not add any water. Make sure that there is no stems. Add half the amount of mulberry in sugar.
2 kilos mulberry
1 kilo sugar

Mix the sugar and mulberry in pot,
Put on medium fire for about twenty minutes until boiling. Then reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 to 20 minutes to reduce the water content.
Using a cloth squeeze the juice out and put the syrup in jars and seal. Discard the pulp.

When ready for a cold drink, put syrup in glass about 1/3 glass add 2/3 water and some ice. Mix with a spoon and drink.

The syrup could be used as molasses also.

See possible use of molasses half way down the page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses









__________________
Sas from North Austin TX Zone 8B

FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sas
Joe I like your video. As a kid I used to enjoy a cold drink made from mulberry syrup to which you just add water and ice. It tasted great. I recently saw a recipe that you might wish to try. I never tried it. You put two kilos of mulberry in a pot. Do not add any water. Make sure that there is no stems. Add half the amount of mulberry in sugar. 2 kilos mulberry 1 kilo sugar Mix the sugar and mulberry in pot, Put on medium fire for about twenty minutes until boiling. Then reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 to 20 minutes to reduce the water content. Using a cloth squeeze the juice out and put the syrup in jars and seal. Discard the pulp. When ready for a cold drink, put syrup in glass about 1/3 glass add 2/3 water and some ice. Mix with a spoon and drink. The syrup could be used as molasses also. See possible use of molasses half way down the page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses


That's good to know.  Usually I just eat the fruit without cooking or preserving it.  Maybe one day I'll try this.


__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
Smyfigs

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,631
Reply with quote  #12 
Joe, nice vid! Thanks for inviting us into your lush backyard! And, those mulberries look yummy!
__________________

Meg-Hardiness Zone 10a

Looking for...

Socorro Blk
Jolly Tiger
Lamperia Preta
Herschtetten
St. Jean
Black Ischia

"The best way to show my gratitude is to accept everything, even my problems, with joy." ~ Mother Teresa  
"Do not pass by a man in need for you may be the hand of God to him." ~Proverbs 3:27~  
"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." ~Job 5:4

 

FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyfigs
Joe, nice vid! Thanks for inviting us into your lush backyard! And, those mulberries look yummy!


Thanks Smyfigs!

__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
DonCentralTexas

Registered:
Posts: 504
Reply with quote  #14 
Great job on the video.  I agree more people should grow Mulberries, very low maintenance (except for pruning if wanted small), and produces tasty fruit before most other fruits.
__________________
Don  (Near Austin, TX zone 8b)

If you have these for sale/trade PM me:  Calderona,  Noire de Barbentane, Navid's Unk Dark Greek
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #15 
Don I agree. I originally thought that the mulberry tree would be good for distracting the birds from the figs. But now my family and I look forward to the mulberries every spring for us to eat!
__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
The_Gardener

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #16 
Good video, I like it. I had subscribed to your YouTube channel and look forward to more videos like this.
__________________
Zone: 9B
My fig collections so far:  Black medeira; RDB; Negronne; Pastiliere; White Texas everbearing;  
FrozenJoe

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,118
Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks Gardener!
__________________
Joe
Phoenix Area (Zone 9)
I am MrFrozenJoe on YouTube.
I am arizonafigs on eBay.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.