Register  |   | 
 
 
 


Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 28 of 29     «   Prev   25   26   27   28   29   Next
nunuorig

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #1351 
Folks,

This thread is so enjoyable to read. What will I do for entertainment once James officially shuts down, or actually delivers? We'll have to find something else to talk about!!

__________________
USDA Zone: 7
Wish list: Col de Dama Roja | Col de Dame Gris | Galicia Negra | Kadota | Koura Black | Marseilles Black | Martinenca Rimada | Paratjal Rimada

Growing: Acciano | Black Madeira | Black Mission | Desert King | Figo Preto | I-258 | Improved Celeste | Iranian White | Izbat An Naj | JH Adriatic | LSU Gold | Marseilles White | Ponte Tresa | Raspberry Latte | Red Libya | Ronde de Bordeaux | Panche | Sao Miguel Roxo | Sefrawi | Strawberry Verte | Vasilika Sika | Violet Sepor | Violette de Bordeaux | Unk-CVS | Unk-Dominick Italian Purple
tsparozi

Registered:
Posts: 813
Reply with quote  #1352 
@nunuorig We'll all go back to complaining about the eBay scammer plague and how eBay refuses to do anything about them except make hollow, unfulfilled promises.... In the last few days, even more scammer auctions have been added... Guess they need to keep the fake inventory moving...   :-)
TahomaGuy2

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #1353 
Drew, why not? He's still taking orders!?! 
Maybe I should progress from my $1.00 cuttings to Newbies to selling plants (hehehe).

__________________
-Charles
Cool Pacific NW
Zone 8b
drew51

Registered:
Posts: 417
Reply with quote  #1354 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahomaGuy2
Drew, why not? He's still taking orders!?! 
Maybe I should progress from my $1.00 cuttings to Newbies to selling plants (hehehe).



Thanks for doing that, I need to give back at some point too.

__________________
Drew
Zone 5b/6a Sterling Heights MI

bobkelley1

Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #1355 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Engr
I don't think anyone has received any shipment yet. But has anyone beside rcantor received an email regarding their order being ready to ship out? Either before or after the broken toe incident?


Yes I got that exact same email on the 3rd week of February.....

Guess James doing cut and paste keeps the blood pressure down and his toe from throbbing.


Gardnernw

Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #1356 
Still waiting to hear from ANYONE that has received and order?
Garlic_Mike

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #1357 
No updates since 3/10 ?

James said he had help. There is no good reason why deliveries have not started.

Anything new to report?

__________________
Wish list; Martineca Rimada, GM-149a, Negra d' Agde, Maltese Beauty, Galicia Negra, Flanders.
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1358 
No offense to anyone in this thread...but I'll share my story.

I ordered last year 4/12/2016 and knew it was for a summer 2017 delivery. Only today I'm logging on to really check. I guess I wasn't worried, but now I have some worries seeing how many people are requesting refunds. It was pretty clear on his site that the reason he can offer such rare fig cuttings for $7-15 (though now I see the price has dropped for fall delivery) wasn't because he was a scammer but because he got the money early and it wouldn't be refunded and you would get the rooted cuttings when you got them essentially. If you want right away, go to eBay (or I guess get lucky with trades or knowing someone here).

Personally I had time and dropped $200 on the rooted cuttings, but I still think I'll get mine eventually. I'm just hoping all the refunds isn't going to ruin everything for him for the future.

As for why he hasn't shipped or hasn't responded to everyone, I don't really know, I'm sure he will have a reason, but when you get flooded with emails at some point most people can't keep up. So not answering any until you can get problems sorted out is one solution. Hopefully it means he's working on the problems rather than working on responding to everyone.
fisherman2

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #1359 
I don't have a pony in this race and I have only read a scattering of the posts on this topic.  But I wonder if the situation playing out is an example of manic depressive behavior.  Grandiose and unrealistic plans, with a huge personal commitment of effort, sure sounds manic to me.  And now the lack of results and, most importantly, the lack of communication could reflect a shift to the depressive state. BTW I have no professional medical background, so decide on your own how to read the tea leaves on this.  I do hope the situation works out well for everyone involved.
Garlic_Mike

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #1360 
 The problem at this point is that after not keeping in touch for long periods of time James said he would post monthly to reassure and keep people updated.

 One post every month should not be a problem considering the amount of people waiting.

I can imagine a snowball affect, but people should be better informed than this.

 Good luck with your season everyone.

  Mike

__________________
Wish list; Martineca Rimada, GM-149a, Negra d' Agde, Maltese Beauty, Galicia Negra, Flanders.
sgfigs

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #1361 
Hi, I am from Singapore and I ordered and paid more than SGD 100 for cuttings back in August 2016. I was assured the company had international shippings. Cuttings were supposed to come by Feb/Mar 2017 but no news as yet.
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1362 
I guess at the time I bought, no mention of a time frame other than "summer 2017" was given. That's why I forgot about them until now and purposely didn't check the boards everyday else I would drive my own self crazy waiting. Did he give faster timelines to those who bought later or something? 

Maybe since I'm looking at everything just now I feel more reasonable, I don't deny that a monthly update should be relatively easy, even if individual responses aren't.

I'm willing to wait overall, and I feel he was pretty up front about the informal timeline and that this route wasn't for the impatient and this is why the cost savings. I'm personally more concerned about accuracy of the variety and health of the plant than I am about production speed or communication.
nunuorig

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #1363 
Anyone know where I can get a Raspberry Latte cutting, now that I know I'm not getting mine from James?  I really want a Raspberry Latte cutting.


__________________
USDA Zone: 7
Wish list: Col de Dama Roja | Col de Dame Gris | Galicia Negra | Kadota | Koura Black | Marseilles Black | Martinenca Rimada | Paratjal Rimada

Growing: Acciano | Black Madeira | Black Mission | Desert King | Figo Preto | I-258 | Improved Celeste | Iranian White | Izbat An Naj | JH Adriatic | LSU Gold | Marseilles White | Ponte Tresa | Raspberry Latte | Red Libya | Ronde de Bordeaux | Panche | Sao Miguel Roxo | Sefrawi | Strawberry Verte | Vasilika Sika | Violet Sepor | Violette de Bordeaux | Unk-CVS | Unk-Dominick Italian Purple
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1364 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb
Either you got them at the time promised or you didn't ?


It's not summer yet? At least in my hemisphere...but I guess if I was down-under I might be disappointed...
adipose

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #1365 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi
No offense to anyone in this thread...but I'll share my story.

I ordered last year 4/12/2016 and knew it was for a summer 2017 delivery. Only today I'm logging on to really check. I guess I wasn't worried, but now I have some worries seeing how many people are requesting refunds. It was pretty clear on his site that the reason he can offer such rare fig cuttings for $7-15 (though now I see the price has dropped for fall delivery) wasn't because he was a scammer but because he got the money early and it wouldn't be refunded and you would get the rooted cuttings when you got them essentially. If you want right away, go to eBay (or I guess get lucky with trades or knowing someone here).

Personally I had time and dropped $200 on the rooted cuttings, but I still think I'll get mine eventually. I'm just hoping all the refunds isn't going to ruin everything for him for the future.

As for why he hasn't shipped or hasn't responded to everyone, I don't really know, I'm sure he will have a reason, but when you get flooded with emails at some point most people can't keep up. So not answering any until you can get problems sorted out is one solution. Hopefully it means he's working on the problems rather than working on responding to everyone.


Just so you know, some of us ordered back in 2015 and were supposed to get trees by mid 2016.  So, while your order doesn't seem particularly delayed, consider that you are behind us, and we are delayed by about a year now.

__________________
Wish List: niagara black, bordisotte negra, brogiotto bianco, Noire de Caromb, sweetheart fig
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1366 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipose


Just so you know, some of us ordered back in 2015 and were supposed to get trees by mid 2016.  So, while your order doesn't seem particularly delayed, consider that you are behind us, and we are delayed by about a year now.


Thanks, no I didn't realize that, when I ordered it was around the time that others have received plants and were happy. As mentioned I didn't really check a whole lot figuring I had plenty of time to go. Guess we will see how it plays out!

Still I'm OK to wait if I get the varieties promised eventually. If not then I will chalk it up to a learning experience.

Mostly I was just voicing my concern that so many are backing out, the more that happens the less likely he will be able to fulfill the current orders much less do it again. I know some people don't have the money to burn, so I understand. Still when I sent my money I realized the price was exactly for the reason that it couldn't be refunded if I change my mind later or if I decided I wanted my plants faster than he could do.

Overall the plants in his videos have to go somewhere, I hope he can get them to everyone who has still paid.

FWIW, other than just knowing someone who has these varieties, or paying a lot on eBay, is there another source for them? Last year when I looked the answer was essentially "no." So for better or worse a risk like this was my only personal option.
adipose

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #1367 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi

when I ordered it was around the time that others have received plants and were happy


I'm sorry to tell you this, but this event never occurred.  No one has received a single plant under the $7 fig tree program.  In the past his website did successfully sell cuttings and I have ordered from there before with good results, so maybe you mistook some comments about that as meaning trees had shipped.  But no plants, to my knowledge, have ever been received since the inception of the program.

__________________
Wish List: niagara black, bordisotte negra, brogiotto bianco, Noire de Caromb, sweetheart fig
cponzi

Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #1368 

I disagree.  People bailing out would be the best chance you would have of receiving your trees.

The money you paid is already gone but he still needs to pay for shipping.  New orders on the site might help pay for some but if he actually has the trees to ship and people request refunds that they aren't receiving anyway, he can sell their trees for at least double the initial charge and some considerably more on ebay even with his damaged reputation.

I don't think most people have as much issue with the constant delay which is ridiculously long at this point but the fact that he seems to have disappeared and tress may never ship and now he isn't giving refunds either.  Supposedly, he was laid up with a broken pinky toe (that still makes me giggle a little) so he had plenty of time to post a 5 min status.  The fact that he has gone MIA in my mind suggests that he doesn't plan to ship trees, had another catastrophe like loosing trees in the tunnels during these cold periods or because he couldn't water them with his broken pinky toe (5555), or just plain doesn't give a crap anymore.

A simply "Hey, I haven't forgotten you guys.  Here is where I'm at." does wonders.  Cheerleaders would be cheering, dissenters would call BS, and others will be like let's see where this goes.


__________________
#fuckthenfl
Lewi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 429
Reply with quote  #1369 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi
I guess at the time I bought, no mention of a time frame other than "summer 2017" was given. That's why I forgot about them until now and purposely didn't check the boards everyday else I would drive my own self crazy waiting. Did he give faster timelines to those who bought later or something? 

Maybe since I'm looking at everything just now I feel more reasonable, I don't deny that a monthly update should be relatively easy, even if individual responses aren't.

I'm willing to wait overall, and I feel he was pretty up front about the informal timeline and that this route wasn't for the impatient and this is why the cost savings. I'm personally more concerned about accuracy of the variety and health of the plant than I am about production speed or communication.


Dont worry, recently, no one has been getting refunds...re-read the last 10 pages (painful I know), and you will see post about James taking over 4000 us dollars in one order alone from his figcuttings site...this is when he knew he could not fill that order, let alone fill ours.

__________________
West Florida / Panhandle (Central time). Can get cold for figs...down to 12 F twice in last five years. Zone 8a, not counting the recent "upgrade"

Lewi = Levite
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1370 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipose


I'm sorry to tell you this, but this event never occurred.  No one has received a single plant under the $7 fig tree program.  In the past his website did successfully sell cuttings and I have ordered from there before with good results, so maybe you mistook some comments about that as meaning trees had shipped.  But no plants, to my knowledge, have ever been received since the inception of the program.


No I guess I didn't realize this. I'm looking through the thread now, which is so far interesting. There's some reports of shipping plants, but I guess they are not "confirmed." Either way the pics and videos of so much material has me wondering where it all went, did he lose everything to a greenhouse problem this last winter? Latest update seems like not.

Anyway, I get that many aren't willing to keep waiting. I'll just check back in a few months to see what happens. I have till next year realistically or longer till my land is ready anyway.
Lewi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 429
Reply with quote  #1371 
Andre,

The talk of shipping came from a video of "test shipping" by James W. Sperman, and if he did ship that carelessly, your figs would likely be toast.

The fact remains up untill this very minuite, no one has recieved anything since figcuttings dot com started.

__________________
West Florida / Panhandle (Central time). Can get cold for figs...down to 12 F twice in last five years. Zone 8a, not counting the recent "upgrade"

Lewi = Levite
Jodi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 375
Reply with quote  #1372 
Hello fig friends.  I am sorry to say that I also have not received any trees on my 2 orders hfrom 12/24/2015 or 2/22/2016, nor the refund I requested two weeks ago.  I did decide last week to contact paypal and my credit card company to file a dispute as I did not receive a refund or any communication from James after I followed the outlined procedures two weeks ago.  I did hear from both Paypal and my CC.  They both are being very helpful and are concerned that this merchant is still taking orders, having not fulfilled any to our knowledge.  The lady at the CC co. warned me that after 540 days no disputes are able to be filed.  I just wanted to let you all know that fact.  I am sorry that this has not worked out.  And wish you all the best with your figs this summer.  Jodi
__________________
In the book the "The Meaning of Trees" it is said the fig regulates the heart and that the true essence of Figs is...food for the soul. 
Wishes for Martinenca Rimada, Black Ischia, I258, CddRoja, Jolly Tiger, Your favorite Figgy!
Zone 8a Camp Verde AZ 
Garlic_Mike

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #1373 
When I talked to PayPal they said if they received numerous complaints about a vendor they would restrict the account from accepting new orders
__________________
Wish list; Martineca Rimada, GM-149a, Negra d' Agde, Maltese Beauty, Galicia Negra, Flanders.
philipm1

Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #1374 
I'm a newbie to this forum, just registered.  I discovered figs a year or two ago and I've been growing them in my zone 6 location in CT since.  I ordered a fig tree from this vendor in Spring of 2016.  As a newbie, I was interested in the most delicious varieties. After researching the varieties online,  I sent $15 for a tree for Nero Genovese Raphel plus an additional $15 for postage.  I discovered this forum recently after inquiring about the status of this order and not hearing anything from the "grower".  It seems to me that where this goes off the rails is that the grower did not make apparent that he did not have all of the material to propagate the trees and he continues to take orders notwithstanding the fact that orders from 2015 remain unfulfilled.  Worse, PayPal continues to allow him to collect money and it isn't clear to me that we will ever see the trees we ordered.

I requested a refund as I don't have lots to spend on trees and this was a splurge for me. No refund as yet, of course.  

I think he has done a lot of damage to this hobby and he should be ashamed of that.
sailmastergf

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #1375 
I got hit for $278 dollars and he is not contacting me either. I feel so embarrassed to have been taken. I will contact paypal in a few minutes. I placed my order a year ago and I can't wait any longer. Yes this guy has given fig sellers a bad name. The Bernie Madoff of the fig cutting world! I wish everyone the best but I think we got took.

1 Albacor de Molla Blanca - rooted fig tree
 Item # AlbaMB - r   $12.00 USD
1 Longue d'Aout - rooted fig tree
 Item # LdA-r   $12.00 USD
1 Mare de Deu - rooted fig tree
 Item # MdD-r   $15.00 USD
1 Martinenca Rimada - rooted fig tree
 Item # MartinencaR - r   $15.00 USD
1 Ponte Tresa - rooted fig tree
 Item # PT-r   $20.00 USD
1 Red Israel - rooted fig tree
 Item # RedIsrael - r   $12.00 USD
1 Genovese Nero (Rafed's) - rooted fig tree
 Item # GeN(Rafed's) - r   $15.00 USD
1 Galicia Negra - rooted fig tree
 Item # GN-r   $15.00 USD
1 Black Tuscan - rooted fig tree
 Item # BTuscan - r   $15.00 USD
1 Bourjasotte Grise - rooted fig tree
 Item # BourjGrise-r   $15.00 USD
1 Col de Dame Blanc - rooted fig tree
 Item # CdDB-r   $15.00 USD
1 Col de Dame Grise - rooted fig tree
 Item # CdDG-r   $15.00 USD
1 Col de Dame Noir - rooted fig tree
 Item # CdDN-r   $15.00 USD
1 Coll de Dama Gegantina - rooted fig tree
 Item # CdDGeg - r   $15.00 USD
1 Grise de St. Jean - rooted fig tree
 Item # GdSJ - r   $12.00 USD
1 Lebanese Red (Bass) - rooted fig tree
 Item # LR(B)-r   $15.00 USD
Amount  $233.00 USD
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

 
Order Description:
 Shopping Cart
Item Total:
 $233.00 USD
Sales Tax:
 $0.00 USD
Shipping:
 $45.00 USD
Handling:
 $0.00 USD
Seller discount or charges:  
 $0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

 
Total amount:
 -$278.00 USD


Gil Fisher (West FL)
grant441

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 327
Reply with quote  #1376 
Proverbs 22:1 " A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches and loving favor rather than silver and gold". James W Sperman it is time to clear your name and make things right among the good people that trusted you to make good on your deal that you offered to us, at the very least give an update. Your name is the very first gift your parents gave you when you entered this world and you have a chance to clear your name by making things right with the good hearted people on this forum. If I were you I would start by shipping the very first order that was placed today and stop taking new money, work your way out of this hole and get your name back
__________________
South Carolina zone 7b
nunuorig

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #1377 
If you feel you were scammed, file a complaint here:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I was urged to file a complaint online at this web address and stop James from taking more people's money.

__________________
USDA Zone: 7
Wish list: Col de Dama Roja | Col de Dame Gris | Galicia Negra | Kadota | Koura Black | Marseilles Black | Martinenca Rimada | Paratjal Rimada

Growing: Acciano | Black Madeira | Black Mission | Desert King | Figo Preto | I-258 | Improved Celeste | Iranian White | Izbat An Naj | JH Adriatic | LSU Gold | Marseilles White | Ponte Tresa | Raspberry Latte | Red Libya | Ronde de Bordeaux | Panche | Sao Miguel Roxo | Sefrawi | Strawberry Verte | Vasilika Sika | Violet Sepor | Violette de Bordeaux | Unk-CVS | Unk-Dominick Italian Purple
M_Engr

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1378 
Does anyone personally know James, that can pay him a visit to see what's going on? No delivery, no updates, no response to PMs/emails, and now people are reporting of not getting refunds. 
__________________
Northeast Ohio - Zone 6B
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1379 
Yes James should be responding, no one disputes that...but we (the people who purchased) should have all known there would be no refunds up front. The only thing that sickens me is asking for a refund when you should know full well that it's not possible or right. If everyone does this it's obvious the whole system would fall apart. But hey, long as it doesn't affect you?
drew51

Registered:
Posts: 417
Reply with quote  #1380 
I'm sure by this time he is facing legal problems, and is going to need all the money he can get. He could face felony charges. Depends how many have complained. I was a supporter but now feel he must be shut down. Fig trees for sale now are for October 2017 delivery.
__________________
Drew
Zone 5b/6a Sterling Heights MI

nunuorig

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #1381 
Quote:
Yes James should be responding, no one disputes that...but we (the people who purchased) should have all known there would be no refunds up front. The only thing that sickens me is asking for a refund when you should know full well that it's not possible or right. If everyone does this it's obvious the whole system would fall apart. But hey, long as it doesn't affect you?


I'm confused, is James running a charity or a business?? Should people still give him money on a hope he is going to start sending orders from late 2015??

Folks, file a complaint and stop this madness:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

__________________
USDA Zone: 7
Wish list: Col de Dama Roja | Col de Dame Gris | Galicia Negra | Kadota | Koura Black | Marseilles Black | Martinenca Rimada | Paratjal Rimada

Growing: Acciano | Black Madeira | Black Mission | Desert King | Figo Preto | I-258 | Improved Celeste | Iranian White | Izbat An Naj | JH Adriatic | LSU Gold | Marseilles White | Ponte Tresa | Raspberry Latte | Red Libya | Ronde de Bordeaux | Panche | Sao Miguel Roxo | Sefrawi | Strawberry Verte | Vasilika Sika | Violet Sepor | Violette de Bordeaux | Unk-CVS | Unk-Dominick Italian Purple
M_Engr

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1382 
Um, it's not possible or right to ask for a refund for a product one paid for and haven't received as promised? Since when? James certainly isn't running a charity or asking for donations. He is running a business. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi
Yes James should be responding, no one disputes that...but we (the people who purchased) should have all known there would be no refunds up front. The only thing that sickens me is asking for a refund when you should know full well that it's not possible or right. If everyone does this it's obvious the whole system would fall apart. But hey, long as it doesn't affect you?

__________________
Northeast Ohio - Zone 6B
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1383 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Engr
Um, it's not possible or right to ask for a refund for a product one paid for and haven't received as promised? Since when? James certainly isn't running a charity or asking for donations. He is running a business. 



No, he asked for startup capital for this business venture. Much different. Of course it's not a charity (why people say this is beyond me), but I guess the problem is that many didn't understand the risk they were taking.

Same things happened with the first failed kickstarter ventures. But no one calls kickstarter a charity and many ship dates have been missed with eventual successful project completion.

Problem is that there's not someone in the middle like kickstarter to make the process go smooth, or when the money gets lost for people to accept it. Yes he should have just put the project on kickstarter and charged $15 per tree and not given any refunds...it may have led to better project success chances. Hindsight being 20/20.

Then again the project could fail no matter how much capital he has or gets.

My advice to everyone asking for a refund is to stay far away from kickstarter or any future project which promises to operate exactly the same way because you will likely be disappointed.
cponzi

Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #1384 
That's an interesting point of view.  By the way, I have some nice property in Florida that I'll sell you for cheap if you would like to contribute some startup capital for my business.

Greenfin even mentioned that he would issue refunds on any trees that didn't ship by July.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFin

If any of the trees you order aren’t ready by July, perhaps because of slow growth or excessive demand, I’ll ship the ones that are ready and give you the choice to either get a refund on the others or to wait and receive them whenever they're ready.


__________________
#fuckthenfl
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1385 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cponzi
That's an interesting point of view.  By the way, I have some nice property in Florida that I'll sell you for cheap if you would like to contribute some startup capital for my business.

Greenfin even mentioned that he would issue refunds on any trees that didn't ship by July.




No, that's the beauty, I don't like that business proposition (with no price or size land attached). But if I did and gave you money, I wouldn't ask for it back and complain because I would know it was a long shot. Hey maybe if your swampland was 100+ acres for $50 I may be interested. Just know what you're buying for how much is the key. I'd also be visiting the land and bring my fan boat. Then again I'm reasonably sure by "nice property in Florida" you mean swampland...if not and it's a deliberate attempt to mislead then yeah.

I don't think the $7 rare fig proposition is a bad deal, it's just a risky one. Deliberate misleading can be fraud, but in the case of our figs I don't feel that's the case. A risky pre-order endeavor sure. But who wouldn't have risked $7-15 on some very rare fig trees? At least that's how I looked at it and I do recognize that is just my opinion and perception.

If buyers thought it was a guarantee or there was no risk, then I'm not sure what to say. I'm just voicing my opinion that it was clear to me as a buyer.
adipose

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #1386 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi
Yes James should be responding, no one disputes that...but we (the people who purchased) should have all known there would be no refunds up front. The only thing that sickens me is asking for a refund when you should know full well that it's not possible or right. If everyone does this it's obvious the whole system would fall apart. But hey, long as it doesn't affect you?


There is evidence in this thread that anyone who asked for a refund was getting one, back when.  This was used as an argument that "everything was fine" since you could always ask for a refund at any time.  This has led to an assumption that refunds were allowed, and honored by James simply by asking.  If that is not the case then it would be great if James would say so.

"If you ask for a refund you won't get it."

I don't think James wants to say that, but until he does, the assumption will continue that he will give refunds to anyone who doesn't want to wait any longer.

__________________
Wish List: niagara black, bordisotte negra, brogiotto bianco, Noire de Caromb, sweetheart fig
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1387 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipose


There is evidence in this thread that anyone who asked for a refund was getting one, back when.  This was used as an argument that "everything was fine" since you could always ask for a refund at any time.  This has led to an assumption that refunds were allowed, and honored by James simply by asking.  If that is not the case then it would be great if James would say so.

"If you ask for a refund you won't get it."

I don't think James wants to say that, but until he does, the assumption will continue that he will give refunds to anyone who doesn't want to wait any longer.


I agree it should be clear. Initially when I paid, it was clear to me that no refunds were possible. That he even gave any is a gesture of more than goodwill since it was reasonably known you shouldn't be getting them. He also mentioned he must eat the PayPal fees for those that are beyond the PayPal return window, he's just sending you money back not a "refund."

Obviously if you just pay today, you can get your money back within the normal PayPal return window, I'm mostly talking about any payments that have gone well beyond that window.

Since we are just speculating on what happened, I'll just guess that all the money went into fig trees and infrastructure as we had agreed, and now he has run out of money to refund people so it has to stop. New orders again are always protected by PayPal, even if James withdraws all the money and has spent it, PayPal will eat that cost. But old orders we know should have the money already long spent. So far we have only gotten pictures for our money, which surprisingly is actually something.
gorgi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,885
Reply with quote  #1388 
Porca Miseria (aka., James)  ...
__________________
George; Zone 7a, New Jersey USA.
bamafig

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #1389 
I cant believe you are trying to convince buyers that the seller has no obligation to refund money on goods not delivered.  I have more respect for the outright cheerleaders than this BS logic.  HE offered the product and HE offered to give refunds.  I wish I lived in your world.  How's the weather there?

Oh, by the way.  Lets hear from all the cheerleaders about droshi not being legit because he just showed up 2 days ago and has 9 posts!  Maybe it's an alias for James?

__________________
zone 8
4 (local) Celeste, Papa John, LSU Purple, Green Ischia, Brunswick, white marseilles,  BT,
Panache, Deanna, LSU Black, O'Rourke, Chicago Hardy

Wish list:  VDB, RDB
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1390 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafig
I cant believe you are trying to convince buyers that the seller has no obligation to refund money on goods not delivered.  I have more respect for the outright cheerleaders than this BS logic.  HE offered the product and HE offered to give refunds.  I wish I lived in your world.  How's the weather there?

Oh, by the way.  Lets hear from all the cheerleaders about droshi not being legit because he just showed up 2 days ago and has 9 posts!  Maybe it's an alias for James?


I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, and I wouldn't suggest anyone sign up now. I think he should have closed sign ups a while ago. This error combined with poor communication are his main faults.

He doesn't have obligation to refund, he has an obligation to deliver on the product.

Weather here is great, I'm in NC. I only showed up now to post my opinion as a buyer, whoever you think I am I don't really care, but with the internet these days any admin of forums can tell my IP address is nothing like Jame's. Why do things get so hostile around here when people express their opinions and turn into personal attacks? No wonder this thread has had several people want to leave the forums and delete their posts. :(

I like figs and all, but not as much as many of you apparently.
KyFig

Registered:
Posts: 124
Reply with quote  #1391 
Droshi, you are just the latest poster to be attacked due to people's frustration over this whole sad situation.

Why people feel they can be hateful to strangers who don't agree lock step with their opinion is a mystery to me.

Anyone with any conscience will eventually be ashamed for their behavior. Please try not to take it personally.

__________________
Wendy - from Central Ky 6b
 
FigaroNewton

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 77
Reply with quote  #1392 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droshi
Yes James should be responding, no one disputes that...but we (the people who purchased) should have all known there would be no refunds up front. The only thing that sickens me is asking for a refund when you should know full well that it's not possible or right. If everyone does this it's obvious the whole system would fall apart. But hey, long as it doesn't affect you?


Serious question: At what point in time or event is it apparent that the system has already fallen apart?


~billy



__________________
Billy - Middle Tennessee
Seeking: C'hiappetta. Cuttings or live plant, please P.M. an offer. Thank-you.
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1393 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyFig
Droshi, you are just the latest poster to be attacked due to people's frustration over this whole sad situation. Why people feel they can be hateful to strangers who don't agree lock step with their opinion is a mystery to me. Anyone with any conscience will eventually be ashamed for their behavior. Please try not to take it personally.


Thanks will keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigaroNewton
Serious question: At what point in time or event is it apparent that the system has already fallen apart?


~billy


Different for everyone, it's apparent that some have already given up and think it to be a failed project. Maybe it has failed for them no matter what happens from this point.

But since you quoted me I'll give my own perspective. Once James says he's thrown in the towel than I'll give up hope of ever getting plants. Otherwise even if it's 5 years from now I think he will try to deliver.

The interesting thing would be if he does eventually deliver, what will everyone say? Yeah it was a wait, but worth it? No never give anyone money again for such a cheap plant and long wait? I think everyone is different in what they care about.

The concerning theme throughout the thread hasn't been as much from buyers who have voiced concerns (and many valid ones), but rather what I perceive to be competitors or even hobbyists who don't want the project to succeed for a variety of reasons. But hey I could be wrong, just my impression.
adipose

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #1394 
Quote:
Once James says he's thrown in the towel...


I guess the question is, if you never hear from James again, at what point will you draw the same conclusion?

__________________
Wish List: niagara black, bordisotte negra, brogiotto bianco, Noire de Caromb, sweetheart fig
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1395 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adipose


I guess the question is, if you never hear from James again, at what point will you draw the same conclusion?


Even though it seems likely that I'll be ridiculed for my optimism or naivety, I'll still respond.

About 6 months without any update I'd be pretty suspect and a year without any update and I'd lose hope.

I realize that this guy doesn't live in the tropics, and his growing season even with heated greenhouses in Kansas is pretty short. This is why season after season goes by with some progress but not as much as everyone seems to hope. And while he's probably working himself to death for our benefit, he doesn't have a cheap labor force to rely on.

Having said all that...I doubt it changes anyone's opinion on the matter...
hakkamike

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #1396 
And while he's probably working himself to death for our benefit, That would be cool.
droshi

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #1397 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkamike
Quote:
And while he's probably working himself to death for our benefit,
That would be cool.


Guess I would have used a different choice of words than you.

If he did pass away for any reason I would feel pretty bad, especially if it was on account of this thread or the pressure to get some trees produced.

While it remains to be seen if he delivers...either way it's obvious that a lot more work went into this project than he expected. This was all I meant by my original statement along with pointing out that at this price point it's not like he can hire a work force to make it go faster (if that would even help in his climate).
livetaswim06

Registered:
Posts: 365
Reply with quote  #1398 
James has time to create, edit and post videos for YouTube but not send an update to customers? I am glad I wasn't a customer but this is clearly a shady proposition.
__________________
-Anton
Zone: 9b, Santa Clarita Valley, CA
Growing: Panache Tiger, VdB, Burbank & Vineland, Falls Gold, Strawberry Verte, Atreano, Fico Preto, El Molino, Very Unk. Mission
hakkamike

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #1399 
There may have been a few here already that have croaked or will while waiting.
Silveradocanman

Registered:
Posts: 30
Reply with quote  #1400 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkelley1


If James refunds my wife's money, then peace be upon him, and I will let the rest of you fight your own fights, and I will never post here again. If he chooses to believe his is safe because the web will shield him he might well be shocked.




I wonder what happened to Mr. Strongarm and his lovely Thai wife. His deadline has come and passed, did he pay James a visit like he implied? Is GreenFin swimming' wit the fishes now?

But seriously, out of all this banter, I wonder why people that live close to him don't cruise on over and "check in"?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.